21. Hold a firm-wide diversity and inclusion training to educate all employees on the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
22. Celebrate our differences and cultivate community through creating an internal “our stories” feature and regular email communications for staff and attorneys to share their backgrounds, stories, and cultures, as well as undertaking a firm-wide community service project.
23. Retain critical employees who bring diversity to our organization and develop an internal policy to retain these individuals.
24. Create a more inclusive environment for all employees. Review the recruitment process to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants through the entire recruiting process. Review exit information to determine why employees are leaving.
25. Pursue a more diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment for staff and attorneys alike through robust retention efforts and increased inclusion initiatives, reinforcing that our firm is a place where all individuals are welcome and celebrated, regardless of protected class, educational background or other experience.
26. Our Diversity & Inclusion Committee will continue our goal of reinvigorating and fine-tuning retention through increased collaborations with internal and external resources, including clients and community partners. We will improve inclusivity for staff through several initiatives, including the launch of an Inclusivity & Belonging Subcommittee focused on our business service professionals across all offices.
27. Our firm’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee’s focus is to establish procedures and infrastructure necessary to be compliant with the Mansfield Rule, a national initiative that reinforces our commitment to diversity in the legal profession. The initiative requires the Firm to consider a diverse pool of candidates for leadership positions, including internal promotions, lateral attorney hires, and management roles. The Firm will also prioritize transparency by sharing selection guidelines and job descriptions for committees and management. Meeting set goals will result in Mansfield Certification, strengthening the Firm and improving our ability to meet clients’ needs.
28. Last year our firm’s executive team approved the formation of a Firm-Wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee to benefit the entire firm, both staff and attorneys. Our goal this year is to complete the formation and begin the functioning of this group. To date, proposed chairs from Attorneys and Staff have been selected and we are working toward forming the full committee who should set their mission and goals for this new committee. Accordingly, our goal is to have this committee fully functioning by year’s end.
29. Continue efforts to diversify our board of trustees. Review our hiring and recruitment process to ensure we are reaching diverse communities. Continue internal conversations with staff about DEI to ensure we are creating a safe and inclusive culture.
30. Increase opportunities for work for diverse colleagues in the office. Continue to be intentional in recruiting diverse attorneys.
31. Find candidates from underrepresented backgrounds. We are committed to supporting fellow female attorneys both within our firm and without. Two of us have been reaching out to other female attorneys in the community to strengthen the relationships among female attorneys and support our practices across firms. We will look for ways to mentor female attorneys, specifically as they progress from associates to partners.