1. ABA Law Student Podcast
- The American Bar Association’s Law Student Division created the podcast to talk about issues that affect law students and recent grads. They give the listener insight into student loans, studying and passing the Bar exam, summer associate positions, finding jobs after law school, and so much more.
- The podcast also discusses issues such as overcoming anxiety and depression while in law school, as well as social justice issues prevalent in the legal community today.
2. Above the Law: Thinking Like a Lawyer
- In this podcast, legal professionals and law students are invited to listen to topics in everyday culture through the lens of the legal framework.
3. I am The Law (IATL)
- Produced by Law School Transparency, I Am The Law interviews new and seasoned law school graduates on what the practice of law is actually like. This is a great podcast for incoming law students as IATL’s primary goal is to help law students make better decisions while in law school.
- One of the hosts of this podcast includes Ohio State University law professor, Deborah Merritt, who teaches criminal defense and Prosecution clinics. The second host is Kimber Russell, who has experience with many companies in the legal profession. The final host is Aaron Taylor, a law professor at St. Louis University.
4. The Legal ToolKit
- A podcast designed for professionals in law practice management. Many of the episodes discuss what law firms look for in their legal talent. Knowing the latest updates in law practice management, as well as what partners and hiring departments of law firms are looking for will help individuals be more prepared when interviewing for summer jobs and internships.
- This is also a great podcast for those incoming law students whose goals are to open their own law firm one day. A stand-out episode to listen to in this podcast would be, “Taking Ownership of Your Legal Career.” This episode teaches you how to take actionable steps to develop the right mindset in taking command of your professional life, especially if your goal is to open your own firm one day.
5. @theBar by the Chicago Bar Association
- This podcast brings new lawyers onto the show to discuss legal news and current events. Topics on the show range from gun law issues, divorce rates, abortion laws, and even prosecution of serial killers.
6. Ladies who Law School
- The 2 women behind the Ladies Who Law School podcast understand that sharing first-hand experiences can help make law school less scary. Whether you’re contemplating law school or firmly entrenched, the episodes are sure to resonate.
7. The law School Toolbox Podcasts
- The Law School Toolbox podcast is an engaging show for law students about law school, the bar exam, legal careers, and life. Each week, we offer practical tips and advice on academic matters, careers, and more. The Law School Toolbox podcast is hosted by opinionated law school and bar exam experts Alison Monahan and Lee Burgess. Our goal is to impart useful, actionable advice in an entertaining manner.
8. The Gen Why Podcast
- Hosted by Nicole Aboud, the podcast is about Nicole getting into conversation with fellow young attorneys about the legal profession. The podcast is aimed to provide information to young lawyers in the making.
9. Law Schoolers
- Join Will as he gives prelaw advice and carries you through his law school journey by reviewing law material in study sessions.
10. The Law School Show
- The Law School Show helps law students make better decisions about their careers through interviews with lawyers, students, academics, and more.