One of UCLI’s objectives is to provide Utah’s legal employers, businesses, and other organizations with the tools necessary to tackle the existing and future hiring, retention, advancement and inclusion challenges for women and other diverse attorneys. To that end, UCLI has developed a UCLI Certification Program.
Through the Certification Program, UCLI will strive to do each of the following to benefit the legal profession and Certification Program participants:
- Develop effective strategies, methods, policies, standards, and practices for best advancing organizational diversity and inclusion;
- Assist businesses and employers with attracting and retaining diverse talent;
- Obtain and analyze the data concerning the state of diversity and inclusion in Utah in order to track the progress of Utah’s legal profession;
- Provide, upon an organization’s request, the organization’s diversity/inclusion record and UCLI Certification to potential clients that seek businesses in Utah that are committed to diversity and inclusion; and
- Host consultations, training and workshops to organizational leadership/management and internal groups on implicit bias, cultural competency and other inclusion efforts.