Intermountain Healthcare, Kirton McConkie, and the Utah Center for Legal Inclusion (UCLI), have collaborated to create the Legal Inclusion Fellowship, providing students at Utah law schools the unique opportunity for a paid summer internship and a substantial scholarship. The Fellowship is open to students at Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School and the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law. The fellowship plays a significant role in UCLI’s efforts to empower students from historically underrepresented groups to thrive in the legal profession by developing professional skills, exploring career options, and receiving financial support.
To be eligible for the fellowship, students must:
- Must be a 1L at either BYU, J. Reuben Clark Law School or University of Utah SJ Quinney College of Law
- Demonstrate a commitment to furthering inclusion and belonging in Utah’s legal community.
- Demonstrated educational and/or professional success.
- Application materials are scored by a committee consisting of UCLI staff and award selection committee members.
- Top candidates advance to a interview phase involving Kirton McConkie attorneys and UCLI staff.