The Young Lawyers Division of the Utah State Bar (YLD) and the Utah Center for Legal Inclusion (UCLI), with the help of community sponsors, are pleased to offer the 2023 Utah Bar Review Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship.
Utah Bar Review Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship
Graduating law students planning to sit for the Utah State Bar Exam are invited to apply for a scholarship ranging from $500 to $2,000 to assist with their preparation for taking the Utah State Bar Exam. The scholarships will be awarded based on the students’ potential to advance the goals of equity and inclusion in Utah’s legal profession, record of service to Utah’s diverse communities, and financial need.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
- Be enrolled in a law school for the 2022-2023 academic year;
- Be a current member of a law school diversity organization;
- Have applied for the July 2023 Utah State Bar Exam; and
- Not be receiving assistance for all or a substantial part of their bar-related expenses from an employer or educational institution
Awards are selected by a review committee appointed by YLD and UCLI and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Future potential to advance the goals of equity and inclusion in Utah’s legal profession;
- Demonstrated record of service to Utah’s diverse communities;
- Personal qualities and strengths; and
- Financial need.
The scholarship helps to offset the expense of taking and studying for the Utah State Bar Exam by reimbursing the selected students, up to their award amount, for qualifying costs associated with taking the exam. Qualifying costs include: Utah State Bar Exam Application Fee; BARBRI Bar Review Course; Kaplan Bar Review Course; Themis Bar Review Course; Quimbee Bar Review Course and Study Aids; AdaptiBar Study Aids; Critical Pass Study Aids; Lean Sheets Study Aids; and NCBE Study Aids.
The selected students may be reimbursed for additional study aids at the discretion of the review committee.