The Utah Center for Legal Inclusion (UCLI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing equity and inclusion in Utah’s legal profession. UCLI seeks to achieve this mission by empowering Utah’s diverse populations to pursue legal education and careers and ensuring that our legal institutions are more equitable and inclusive of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Work with UCLI
No Current Openings
Position: Program Development Intern
UCLI interns play a critical role in forwarding UCLI’s mission through efforts such as the following: project brainstorming and strategizing, raising organizational awareness and forging community partnerships, and assisting the development of resources required for implementing our programs, events, and initiatives. In turn, UCLI interns benefit from the opportunity to acquire valuable work experience while making a substantive impact on our community, engaging with leaders in the legal profession, and learning more about law and justice. Semester long positions are open for Fall, Winter, and Summer. Applications generally open about one month prior to the end of each semester. Apply here.
Read more about UCLI’s goals and organizational structure on utahcli.org or in more detail here: UCLI 2022 Annual Report. Read our intern program manual here. For additional questions, visit utahcli.org or email us at .
- Working closely with UCLI staff, including the Executive Director, Associate Director, and Administrative Coordinator
- Identifying, organizing, and performing outreach efforts to volunteers and community partners in order to raise awareness about UCLI’s mission, programs, and events
- Assisting with development of material (video, electronic, social media, flyers, etc.) to raise awareness about legal education and importance of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Developing strategy and executing initiatives aimed at growing UCLI’s social media audience/impact
- Providing additional support to UCLI’s various programs and committees.
- Pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical, research, and writing capabilities and creative/critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and time management
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Adaptable and responsive to feedback
- Passion for public service, law, nonprofits, and/or and diversity, equity, and inclusion advocacy
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Basic graphic design skills and experience with Canva, Adobe Spark, WordPress, or other design/media tools
- Social media competency (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
Internships are 15 weeks long, primarily remote, include a stipend, and are geared towards individuals from Utah who hope to study law and/or practice in the state of Utah. Students from underrepresented communities (including but not limited to: BIPOC, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons with disabilities, and persons from first-generation and/or low-income backgrounds) are especially encouraged to apply. See UCLI’s Organizational Values and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy for more information.