UCLI Certification Program
One of UCLI’s objectives is to provide Utah legal employers with the right tools to tackle the existing and future hiring, retention, advancement and inclusion challenges for women and other diverse attorneys. To that end, UCLI has developed a UCLI Certification Program which it will launch this Fall. Its primary goals that will benefit the law firms include:
- Obtaining and analyzing the data concerning the state of diversity and inclusion in Utah currently and in the future in order to track progress;
- Developing effective strategies, methods, policies, standards, and practices for legal employers to best advance diversity and inclusion;
- Assisting employers with attracting and retaining diverse talent;
- Providing, upon firm’s request, firm’s diversity/inclusion record and UCLI Certification to potential clients that seek firms in Utah that are committed to diversity and inclusion; and
- Training and presenting workshops to firm leadership/management and internal groups on implicit bias, cultural competency and other inclusion efforts.
UCLI’s mission is also supported by a group of in-house counsel who serve on a recently formed UCLI Business Council. The founding members of the Council include in-house representatives from national and local companies and organizations, including but not limited to: Ebay Inc., O.C. Tanner, Larry H. Miller Group – Automotive, Rocky Mountain Power, Vivint Solar, 1800 Contacts, Mustang Development, Instructure, Zions Bank, Ivory Homes, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, EDC Utah, Pluralsight, Backcountry, Adobe, Dealersocket, U.S. Ski & Snowboard and others.